How to prepare for Christian persecution
or the Apocalypse
We never thought we would write an article like this. However, Christians who have been following current events, know that a persecution against Christians is coming. Some credible Christians think it will be the Apocalpse in the Book of Revelation. If so, it might be the worst persecution in history. We just don't know. Here's how to prepare.
Spiritual Preparation (the most important prep)
Catholics should return fervently to the faith and practice the 20 characteristics of a faithful follower of Christ. If you are not Catholic, we encourage you to surrender completely to Jesus and pursue truth to the best of your ability. We expect much cooperation among Christians of all backgrounds during the persecution.
- Have a "Bug out Bag", a knapsack ready to go with everything you need to survive 72 hours.
- If your circumstances will allow it, consider moving away from densely populated regions, to small towns or out to the country.
- If you can't move out of the city, have a plan to be able to get out of the city, with friends, at a cottage, or some other plan. This may not be as easy as you think if mayhem strikes and the roads are jammed, or if social order has broken down. It might take a couple of days of traveling back alleys to get out of town by foot or on bike.
- Some faithful Christians might be called to stay in the cities to minister to the suffering or to be a light in the darkness. If that is you, don't be afraid, God will be with you.
- Reconsider the use of smart phones and smart speakers (Google Home, Alexa, Siri etc...) that listen to you.
- The laity will need to build an underground network, as the visible Church is suppressed/assumed by the state. Build strong families and communities now, if possible. The Bible and Catechism will be our guides when we lose contact with other groups of Catholics.
- Try to have at least 3 months food and water where you are planning to stay.
- Get tools and provisions you need.
- Develop practical skills like woodwork, metal work, welding, carpentry, building, ham radio, solar electricity, farming, gardening, sewing, fixing cars and bikes and small motors, raising animals, hunting, trapping, identifying plants to eat, first aid and medicine. Dust off skills that you have previously had or develop practical skills that you might be good at based on your personality and current knowledge.
- There may be shortages of gas, oil, propane, internet, and/or electricity. Have a plan for living without those things.
- Let's try to get healthy, start exercising, eat good food, loose weight, and get as strong and healthy as possible. Its worth the investment. We need to be as fit as possible. Think of this as "boot camp" for the persecution.
- Start to convert cash and investments into tangible assets that can be used or traded in a social breakdown situation or in a refuge.
- Some Christians are moving investments to gold, silver
- Some are moving some investments into crypto-currency such as Bitcoin or Ethereum for diversity. If so, use a hardware wallet.
- Buy external hard drives to store your important information, and anything on the internet you want. The internet might go down for a while or be heavily censured.
- Print out all bank information, deeds, titles and important documentation and store them in a safe, water tight place.
- Continue to be a responsible employee while "prepping", not like the South Korean Christians in 1997 who quit jobs and went up a mountain for the end of the world. We know not the hour.
What to do when the persecution hits
- Don't be completely closed to the outside world when totalitarianism hits. Build bridges with those who are resisting totalitarianism from other perspectives. This includes other denominations, other religions, and even atheists. Sometimes it's an opportunity to evangelize by example when they have questions. It can be risky to network with other dissidents whose beliefs don't match yours but it's better than isolation.
- It may become a snitch society. "Catholics" who follow the regime might snitch on "non-compliant" Catholics. Behind the iron curtain, a communist seminarian snitched on Catholic dissidents. Neighbours and family members snitched on dissidents.
- Be ready to suffer, it's a refining fire and suffering can be very valuable if we do not become bitter.
- If you are not ready to be tortured or executed for the faith you may not keep your faith. It has to be the most important thing. The persecution might be white or red, but it will be very dangerous for your soul to yield to it.
- Lots of dissidents broke under the KGB. The leaders of the resistance were tolerant of them, because they knew how hard it was. They said, "you'll do better next time"... and that's why information about the underground church is given on a "need to know" basis.
- Silence will not save us. In Muslim countries where Christians are persecuted its tempting to go along with the Muslims. Ketman is a middle east expression for someone who acts Muslim but is inwardly Christian. Ketman corrupts your character
- Professional Ketman: where we work and keep our mouths shut
- Metaphysical Ketman: convincing yourself to live this way, that you can be a loyal opponent while working within the system.
- Social Ketman: Convince themselves that they can live honestly within "woke" systems by outwardly conforming and learning how to adapt their convictions to the new order.
- Be prudent and be fearless, or find people who are fearless and follow them
- Rules for living in Truth under totalitarianism. Solzhenitsy writes that a man who refuses to live by lies:
- Will not say, write, affirm, or distribute anything that distorts the truth
- Will not go to a demonstration or participate in a collective action unless he truly believes in the cause
- Will not take part in a meeting in which the discussion is forced and no one can speak the truth
- Will not vote for a candidate or proposal he considers to be “dubious or unworthy”
- Will walk out of an event “as soon as he hears the speaker utter a lie, ideological drivel, or shameless propaganda”
- Will not support journalism that “distorts or hides the underlying facts”
What to believe during persecution (or the apocalypse)
Summary of Daniel O'Connor's 25,000 word essay
- Seek Truth: Don't buy the lie of Relativism that says everyone's truth is equal. For those who are Catholic, don't believe ANYTHING that contradicts the dogma of the Catholic Church. For Evangelicals, we encourage you to dig deep into the question of whether the Church is visible, invisible or both. We Catholics think it is indivisibly both.
- Goodness is always possible, always necessary. You can do the good, choose the good, regardless of your situation. Don't obey an evil order that violates your conscience. We will be accountable to God for what we do during the times ahead, so don't park your faith and do evil if there is social breakdown. Be a light.
- Beauty is real, objective and essential: So many things these days are really ugly in music, art, dance, etc... of course inner beauty is more important than a beautiful face or body. Seek and honour beauty.
- The Church's moral teachings are infallible: Doubt is the opposite of faith. Ambiguity is how the devil operates. He introduces doubt, like he did to Eve in the garden "did God really say....?" We need to honour the Church's teachings on life, sexuality and family.
- Reality is real: You really exist. Its not a dream world, a simulation or a Matrix. You are not perceiving/thinking what some secret government is sending to your mind. You are not dead. When you die you will either go to Heaven (with perhaps a stop in Purgatory) or Hell. Hell is real and many people will go there. (But we should pray for the dead assuming they are in Purgatory).
- Trust your senses and be certain: You know what you know. Don't be fooled. The human mind has the ability to draw conclusions with certainty.
- A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, but a rope is at least as strong as its strongest strand: Faith is like a rope, not a chain. There are many strands to your faith; experiences, circumstances, prayers, history, theology, philosophy, beauty of nature, and even science itself. If you don't have an answer to an attack on your faith, hang onto the other strands. More importantly, avoid people and institutions that try to brainwash you out of the faith. You will not be tempted beyond your ability to keep your faith even if you are held against your will, and forced to endure hardship, torture or even death. You can do this! God made you for such a time as this.
- Science is a tool, not a religion: Those who try to make science into a religion usually end up as atheists. Many scientists are bought and sold by their funders. In the book "Brave New World", the minister of culture censured scientific discoveries, to ensure they didn't interfere with government narrative. Science is useful. But don’t trust the science or the media's reporting of it. Trust Reason. Trust Common Sense. Trust Tradition. Trust your gut. Trust Scripture and Magisterium. Trust the Faith. Trust Heaven. Trust God. When “the science” does not contradict those things, then, yes, go ahead and trust it. But not otherwise.
- Decisions shouldn't be "Data Driven": Data only represents a small part of reality. Decisions should be WISDOM driven. Data is often manipulated. It is often chosen based on a predetermined conclusion. There are many cases in history where data driven decisions led to disastrous mis-conclusions. Data is helpful only as one part of an informed decision.
- Philosophy has no right to contradict common sense: As with science, watch out for slight of hand tricks by secular or new age philosophers when the coming wave of persecution begins. If a theory contradicts the Catechism or the Bible, it is not true.
- There is no such thing as time travel: The past cannot be undone, and the future does not exist until it comes. God is indeed outside of time, but that is because He is pure spirit. No machine will ever be built to solve this and any discussion of it in the context of a New World Order is a trap.
- There is no such thing a mind reading: No one can plant memories in your brain. If you remember something, its because it happened. Remember this when they start messing with your mind.
- There is only one Creation: God issued in creation (Gn 1). There are no other gods or other creations with other truths in some multi universe, or in another dimension. Salvation History is not missing any chapters, so never believe anyone who claims to provide a “missing chapter.”
- There are no aliens: Some “good Catholics”, theologians, prelates in the Vatican may say there are now extraterrestrials (aliens) among us. It's a delusion. The Antichrist will leverage 50 years of aliens in TV/movies. There is one and only one humanity and we are the only intelligent incarnate life form that exists anywhere (the only other intelligent beings are Angels — or Demons — and the Three Divine Persons of the Holy Trinity). Catholic teaching is clear: all rational physical creatures are descendants of Adam and Eve (cf. Humani Generis). “Of all visible creatures [i.e., non-angels], only man is able to know and love his creator… he [man] alone is called to share… in God’s own life.” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, § 356) See article by Daniel O'Connor
- Two contradictory assertions cannot both be true: An assertion we know to be true, by Faith or by Reason, cannot ever be rendered false by some scholarly “study,” scientific or otherwise, or by alleged “empirical evidence,” no matter how seemingly strong. Atheists sometimes assert that all matters are purely quantitative. They deny qualitative transcendentals such as Goodness, Truth and Beauty. They justify something that is intrinsically evil because it has some qualitative benefit. (e.g. euthanasia saves health dollars). If something is intrinsically evil, it is always and everywhere evil regardless of its quantitative benefits. The ends does not justify the means.
- There is no such thing as artificial intelligence (AI). It's all just 1's and 0's. It is purely material, fundamentally predictable and entirely algorithmic. No AI will ever have a soul. Only life created by God can have a soul. AI should never be granted personhood, demand obedience, or rights. It has no free will, no emotions, and is not legitimately creative. AI can only do two things: calculate algorithms and regurgitate what its human programmer has put into it.
- The “gods” of the pagans are false: The Catholic Church is the One True Church to which all men are called. While “rays of truth” exist in all religions (and denominations), it is only those truths themselves which are to be endorsed. Endorsing these truths must not be leveraged to endorse non-Catholic religions. A false ecumenism and a false inter religious unity will be a major dimension of the coming grand delusion.
- The Bible is absolutely inerrant: no errors whatsoever, of any type, on what its content actually means and teaches (although, translations may have errors. It does not mean that every verse of Scripture was intended literally). Although there may be apparent (seeming) contradictions within Scripture, there are no actual contradictions. Remember, this inerrancy covers everything. One cannot protest, “but the Bible is not a history/ science/ philosophy/ etc./textbook!” and proceed to thereby pretend that the Biblical teachings that can be related to these fields are just teachings that may be doubted or rejected.
- We were created male OR female: Gender has become increasingly disassociated with biological sex over the last 40 years. Everyone has sex problems, we'd hardly be human if we didn't, but we would all do well to come to terms with the body and DNA God has given us, and to support others in doing likewise. This too, is honouring the Truth, and the Truth will set us free. See Pope Benedict's comments.
- God loves you infinitely and unconditionally: In this life, you can always repent, and God is always ready to welcome you back into His grace. Don't use this as an excuse to sin but know it if you have fallen. The devil will always try to say "You can't go back". Global elites have no power over God's forgiveness.
- No effect is greater than its cause nor does any effect precede its cause, nor is any part greater than the whole: An electromagnetic wave in the brain cannot create a thought, memory, or choice in the mind or directly send information to the mind. The brain can only do this via God's breath of the Spirit. Similarly, a dead person cannot be brought back to life by virtue of something done to his body after death. The human soul is the animator, and it leaves the body when we die.
- Plants and animals are not persons: A human can never be a "parent" to an animal or plant. Animals and plants have varying degrees of dignity. Animals have greater dignity than plants. Dogs have greater dignity than flies. All humans have equal, infinite and intrinsic dignity, from conception to the moment their soul departs the body. One’s life is not one’s own. No matter what you are going through or could ever possibly go through, suicide can never be the answer. There is no such thing as a "quasi" human. Every human is 100%. There may be weird experiments, but the results will either be an injured human or an injured chimp. Not half and half.
- God is absolutely Supreme now and always: Nothing can happen outside of God's permissive will, for good reason. He has a plan, He is always in charge, and everything He has already revealed about His plan is an absolute guarantee. Humans will not be made extinct by comet, solar flare, global warming or AI apocalypse. Yes, a dystopia is coming — the reign of the Antichrist — but we know from Scripture that this reign will only last a few years, that the remnant will be protected and the Church will persist.
- The laws of logic/reason are absolute: There is no need to ever second guess or doubt; no need to ever wonder if the very God-given reason we have used to know Him, and thus love and trust Him, could itself be subverted or contradicted.
- The laws of science, on the other hand, can be suspended/changed by God (and only by God) whenever He likes: The laws of science are discovered by virtue of the senses. “Arrogant words” will pour forth from the Beast which claim credit for himself regarding that which God alone can do. (cf. Revelation 13:5) If we give him that credit, we will be that much more likely to succumb to his ploys and reject the invincible peace and trust that Christ wishes to give us.
- God will never become incarnate again: As of 34 A.D., anyone who claims to be Divine is either the Antichrist himself or a little Antichrist. Jesus will never come in the flesh within time — only at the very end, to command the General Resurrection and the Last Judgment. Therefore, anyone who claims to be Jesus is, likewise, an Antichrist.
- Each member of the Holy Family was absolutely celibate for their entire lives: Anyone who claims to be a descendant of Jesus is a deceiver. Joseph, too, was celibate, and never had any biological children. Mary did not have any other children. Be cautious with virtually all modern attempts at writing imaginative historical fiction about the lives of the Holy Family. Especially when they try to humanize Jesus, make his Mother Mary imperfect, or if they take a shot at St. Joseph.
- There are exactly three sources of power:
- Beyond Natural and Good (Supernatural, divine, angelic)
- Beyond natural and bad (Preternatural, diabolical)
- You, and you alone, are you, and no other being ever will be you: They might try to copy your DNA or clone you, but it is your soul that defines you and nothing in the material world can replicate that.
- Cyborg humanism of any sort and by any name is diabolical: Death would be preferable to a chip implanted into you to “improve” you or any other sort of biotech “augmentation/ optimization/ modification/ “AI”-connection.” Interfering with human biology is only acceptable to fix an actual problem (e.g., installing a pacemaker) so as to help restore human nature to what it actually was designed to be, not to attempt to make human nature “better.” The design of the human being — body and soul — cannot be improved, so stay far away from any technology (whether a DNA modification, chip implantation, injection, etc.) that claims to give this improvement.
- God is immutable: God never changes, and God is exactly Three Persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Anyone who claims a 4th person in the Trinity is a deceiver.
- Each person of the Trinity is fully God. Anyone who claims any of the Persons of the Trinity are mere “manifestations” of God, is a deceiver.
- Anyone who claims Jesus was not fully God while on earth (but, rather, was only a teacher/savior/prophet/etc.) is a deceiver.
- God can reveal things that are meant to be temporary for us (e.g., the juridical precepts of the Mosaic Law, designed by God to be abrogated upon the birth of Christianity). The New Testament’s Revelation is The Eternal Covenant — it will never and can never be “dispensed from.” Anything since the death of the Apostle John that is presented as a new Public Revelation” that claims for itself the right to contradict Sacred Scripture must be dismissed and absolutely rejected.