How to prepare for Christian persecution
or the Apocalypse
For 20 years, we at CatholicBridge.com have avoided shrill or sensationalist messages, so it is with great sadness and apprehension that we post this warning to Catholics and Christians of goodwill. This is our best analysis of the current situation and where it is going.
A serious persecution is coming and has indeed begun
Christians and those who resist government protocols may soon have trouble buying, selling and remaining employed. Some credible Christians, think it could be the "Apocalypse" (Mat. 24, Rev. 6-7). We "know not the hour" (Mat 23:13) so be financially and circumstantially responsible in this process. However, we need to prepare while there is still time. Feel free to print or download this page in case this site is censured. We hope to meet some of you.
The most important thing is to surrender completely to Jesus. Consider the 20 habits of good Catholics (Confession, Mass, Bible, Catechism, family Rosary, reconciling with people we've hurt, getting really honest, avoiding destructive habits, etc). We expect much cooperation among all Bible believing Christians who have authentically surrendered to Jesus during the persecution. Avoid the theology of Richard Rohr and James Martin who are laying the foundation for the anti-Church.
- Have a plan to evacuate cities: (i.e., friend's cottage, etc.)
- Foot: Have a knapsack packed and ready to go with everything you need to survive 72 hours.
- Vehicle: Understand that roads might be blocked and you may need to continue on foot, bicycle or motorcycle.
- Move to the country: If circumstances allow, move away from densely populated regions. Consider chickens, rabbits and gardens, etc. "prepping begins with a bug out bag and ends on a homestead". However, if God is calling you to stay in the city to minister to the suffering or to be a light in the darkness don't be afraid, He will be with you.
- Form networks: In China, the official "patriotic" Catholic Church is controlled by the regime. The Chinese Underground Church is a model for us. Build strong families, communities and networks now. The Bible and Catechism will be our guides when we lose contact with other groups of Catholics.
- Get off surveillance media: Smart speakers (Google Home, Alexa, Siri etc...) listen to you, track your location and online activity. Consider Brave browser, Duck Duck Go search, and Proton email instead of Google, Facebook, etc. At some point we may need to ditch all online activity, and smartphones/smartwatches (Android, Apple, Fitbit, etc). Dumb cell phones can be tracked through triangulation of cell towers but they are probably OK for the time being.
- Store at least 3 months food and water: God can multiply food, but we shouldn't count on that if we can prepare now. Mylar bags, oxygen absorbers and food grade bins can increase storage time. Store as much food as is practical. Rotate food to consume it before the expiry date.
- Stock non-perishables: Tools, medical supplies, clothing and other non perishable provisions for as long as is practical.
- Develop practical skills: such as Woodwork, metal work, welding, carpentry, building, ham radio, solar electricity, farming, gardening, sewing, fixing cars and bikes and small motors, raising animals, hunting, trapping, identifying plants to eat, first aid and medicine.
- Plan for no gas, oil, propane, electricity or internet: There may be shortages or they may be denied to those not following government protocols.
- Get in shape: Exercise and moderate amounts of good food, "boot camp" for the persecution.
- Convert cash and investments into tangible assets: (barter goods) that can be used or traded in a social breakdown situation or in a Christian refuge. Gold or silver is better than stock investments and may work in the long term. However, gold and silver won't have much barter value during famine, and the government might recall gold as it did in the US during the 1930's.
- Buy a small amount of Bitcoin: Bitcoin is unique among cryptocurrencies. Buy it on an exchange but move it to a hardware wallet. Crypto requires electricity, the internet, and is disliked by governments, so don't put all your eggs in this basket. Bitcoin is pretty secure. As long as you have your "seed" words memorized or written in a safe place, your assets are safe, even if you have no internet or electronic devices for a long period of time. In lawless Africa, people are walking around with thousands of dollars stored in Bitcoin just by memorizing their seed words.
- Store digital information locally: Buy external hard drives to store anything on the internet you want. The internet might go down for a while or be heavily censured. Get off Google drive, One Drive, Dropbox and other online storage.
- Print out all bank information, deeds, titles: and other important documentation and store them in a safe water tight place. Consider waterproof paper copies (available at Staples copy centre)
What to do when the persecution hits
Based on "Live not by Lies" by Rod Dreher
- Be prudent and be fearless: or find people who are fearless and follow them. It may become a snitch society. "Catholics" who follow the regime might snitch on "non-compliant" Catholics. Behind the iron curtain, a communist seminarian snitched on Catholic dissidents. Neighbours and family members snitched on dissidents.
- Be ready to suffer: it's a refining fire and suffering can be very valuable if we do not become bitter. If you are not ready to be tortured or executed for the faith you may not keep your faith. It has to be the most important thing. The persecution might be white or red, but it will be very dangerous for your soul to yield to it.
- Build bridges with those resisting totalitarianism from other perspectives: This includes other denominations, other religions, and even atheists. It can be risky to network with other dissidents whose beliefs don't match yours but it might be better than isolation. It might be an opportunity to evangelize (by example).
- Information about the underground church is given on a "need to know" basis: Many dissidents broke under the KGB. The leaders of the resistance were tolerant of them, because they knew how hard it was. They said, "you'll do better next time"...but they learned not to give unnecessary information.
- Either avoid discussions that contradict Christian faith and morals, or speak up: But we can't agree with lies without corrupting our character. Silence will not save us. Ketman is a middle east expression for someone who acts Muslim but is inwardly Christian, and it has not worked. We cannot live honestly, and be emotionally healthy by outwardly conforming and agreeing to "woke" systems, but inwardly being Christian. See the movie "Silence" about 16th century Japan, for an example of how hollow this life is.
- Rules for living in Truth under totalitarianism: Solzhenitsy writes that a man who refuses to live by lies:
- Will not say, write, affirm, or distribute anything that distorts the truth
- Will not go to a demonstration or participate in a collective action unless he truly believes in the cause
- Will not take part in a meeting in which the discussion is forced and no one can speak the truth
- Will not vote for a candidate or proposal he considers to be “dubious or unworthy”
- Will walk out of an event “as soon as he hears the speaker utter a lie, ideological drivel, or shameless propaganda”
- Will not support journalism that “distorts or hides the underlying facts”
What to believe during persecution (or the apocalypse)
Especially if you are caught, imprisoned, detained in a re-education camp, or if they try to brainwash you.
Based on Daniel O'Connor's 25,000 word essay
- There are no aliens: There is a massive media campaign to normalize belief in extra terrestrials. This is in preparation for the anti-christ. The regime will say it's in contact with aliens with a spirituality for humanity. It will be a great deception. Humans are the only intelligent incarnate life form that exists anywhere (except angels, demons, and the Holy Trinity). All rational physical creatures are descendants of Adam and Eve (cf. Humani Generis). (Catechism § 356). These "aliens" will be fallen angels and they might even manifest as aliens, but they will always respond like demons, because they are demons. Tell them to "be gone in the name of Jesus". See Daniel O'Connor's video's Part 1 and Part 2.
- Plants and animals are not persons: A human can never be a "parent" to an animal or plant. There will be "animal mediums" who will "channel" the voice of people's pets but the voices will be demons (like a Ouija board). Animals and plants have varying degrees of dignity but all humans have equal, infinite and intrinsic dignity, from conception to the moment their soul departs the body.
- Beware of fear mongering about global warming, comets, solar flares, or AI apocalypses: God is Supreme now and always. Nothing can happen outside of God's permissive will. He has a plan and is always in charge, guaranteed (in the Bible). Jesus will come again at the end of human history, not according to the regime's elitist fear mongering warnings to gain control of a frightened population.
- Science is a tool: It's not a religion. Science has been compromised to control the masses. Trust reason, common sense, and tradition. Trust your gut, scripture, the Magisterium and God. Don't trust science if it contradicts these things. In the novel Brave New World, science was censored and manipulated so it wouldn't contradict the regime's narrative.
- Decisions should NOT be "Data Driven": They should be WISDOM driven. Data is often manipulated or poorly collected and analyzed. In WW2, there were studies about where to put armour based on where planes were shot, but the data was bad because the only planes that were analysed were those that returned from battle, not the ones that were shot down.
- There is no time travel: God is outside of time because He is pure spirit. No machine will ever be built to solve this and any discussion of it in the context of a New World Order is a trap.
- Cyborg humanism is diabolical: Avoid any DNA modification, chip implantation, injection, biotech augmentation, or AI connection to make human nature “better”. It might be the mark of the beast or a precursor to it. Interfering with human biology is only acceptable to help restore to human nature what it was designed to be (e.g., a pacemaker, artificial hip). The design of the human being, body, and soul, cannot be improved.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) isn't alive. It's just 1's and 0's, purely material, fundamentally predictable and entirely algorithmic. Only life created by God can have a soul. AI should never be granted personhood, demand obedience, or rights. It has no free will, no emotions, and is not legitimately creative. AI can only do two things: calculate algorithms and regurgitate what its human programmer has put into it.
- There is no such thing as a "quasi" human: Every human is 100%. There may be weird experiments, but the results will either be an injured human or an injured chimp. Not half and half.
- No other being can be you: They might try to copy your DNA or clone you, but it is your soul that defines you and nothing in the material world can replicate that.
- One’s life is not one’s own: No matter what you are going through or could ever possibly go through, suicide can never be the answer. EVERY circumstance in your life is in God's control, for your success as a saint.
- They can't read your mind: Nor can an electromagnetic wave in the brain create a thought, memory, or choice in the mind or directly send information to the mind. The brain can only do this via God's breath of the Spirit. Don't be tricked into giving up important information.
- Only God can raise the dead: A dead person cannot be brought back to life by something done to his body after death. The human soul is the animator, and it leaves the body when we die. The scientific principles for this are (1) no effect is greater than or (2) can precede its cause (3) no part is greater than the whole.
- There is only one Creation: There are no other gods or creations with other truths in some multi universe, or in another dimension.
- All religions are NOT equal: While “rays of truth” exist in all religions (and denominations), it is only those truths themselves which are to be endorsed, not their religions. A false ecumenism and inter religious unity will be a major dimension of the coming grand delusion.
- Don't let philosophy contradict common sense: Watch for sleight of hand tricks by secular or new age philosophers. It's going to get nutty.
- Two contradictory assertions cannot be true: The regime may justify an intrinsic evil because it has some quantitative (rather than qualitative) benefit. (i.e., euthanasia). An intrinsic evil is always and everywhere evil. The end does not justify the means. Don't obey evil orders. Totalitarianism weakens peoples resolve by getting them to hold two contradictory ideas simultaneously so they can no longer trust their senses.
- We were created male OR female: We would all do well to come to terms with the body and DNA God has given us, and to support others in doing likewise. This too, is honouring the Truth, and the Truth will set us free. See Pope Benedict's comments.
- Don't second guess God-given reason: The human mind has the ability to draw conclusions with certainty. It has helped you to know God, and thus love and trust Him and cannot be subverted or contradicted by the new world order. If you remember something, it's because it happened. Remember this when they start messing with your mind. Trust your senses and reason.
- The Bible is inerrant: Don't listen when they say “... the Bible is not a history/science/philosophy/etc. textbook!” and claim its teachings about these fields can be doubted or rejected. God revealed things that are meant to be temporary (e.g., the juridical precepts of the Mosaic Law, designed by God to be abrogated upon the birth of Christianity). But the New Testament’s Revelation is The Eternal Covenant, never to be dispensed from. Reject any new "Public Revelation”.
- Biblical moral teachings are infallible: Doubt is the opposite of faith. The devil loves ambiguity (i.e., he said to Eve, "Did God really say ... ?"). Honour the Church's teachings on life, sexuality and family.
- Hang on to:
- Truth: Don't believe Relativism that says everyone's truth is equal.
- Goodness: is always possible, always necessary, don't obey an evil order that violates your conscience. We will be accountable to God.
- Beauty: is real, objective, and essential. So many things these days are ugly.
- Heaven and hell are real: You really exist. It's not a dream world, a simulation or a Matrix. You are not perceiving/thinking what some secret government is sending to your mind. You are not dead. When you die you will either go to Heaven (with perhaps a stop in Purgatory) or Hell.
- God will never become incarnate again: Reject anyone who claims to be Divine. Jesus won't reign in the flesh even during the era of peace after the apocalypse. Jesus will only appear on earth once again for the final judgement.
- Each member of the Holy Family was celibate for their entire lives: Don't believe those who claim to be blood descendants of Jesus, Joseph or Mary, who did not have any other children. Modern "scholars" try to rewrite the history of the Holy Family, to overly humanize Jesus, make his Mother Mary imperfect, and take shots at St. Joseph.
- Reject claims that Jesus was:
- a mere “manifestation” of God
- not fully God while on earth (i.e., deposited his divinity), only a teacher, savior, prophet
- a human who achieved "Universal Christ consciousness" (i.e., by visiting gurus in India)
- God never changes and is exactly 3 Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. There is no 4th person in the Trinity, each is fully God.
- There are exactly three sources of power:
- Natural/Material. It's fine to do ethically. It can have good and/or bad bits.
- Supernatural - divine, angelic. It is ALWAYS good but cannot be predetermined (except in the 7 Sacraments). It cannot be subordinated to our wants or practices ingredients or procedures.
- Preternatural - diabolical. There is no good witchcraft or magic. “Arrogant words” will pour forth from the Beast which claim credit for "miracles". (cf. Revelation 13:5) It only exists by God's permissive will. (Note: The adjective "magic/magical" to describe a natural trick or circumstance is not "magic" in this sense).
- In this life, you can always repent: God loves you infinitely and unconditionally, and is always ready to welcome you back into His grace. Don't use this as an excuse to sin but know it if you have fallen. The devil will say "You can't go back". The regime will have no power over God's forgiveness. In 1839, Saint Augustine and companions in Vietnam stomped on a cross to save other Christians. They later went to the emperor and confessed their faith and regret for stomping on the cross, and were martyred. You may not be called to perform this type of heroics but the only tragedy in this life is to not try to become a saint.
- The coming dystopia will be short: Most prophetic voices think the reign of the Antichrist will only last about 3.5 to 7 years (Dan. 12, Rev. 7) followed by an era of peace (Rev. 20). Some of us may be martyred and/or tortured, but we will have the Grace to endure in faith. It's worth the risk, effort, and suffering. Eternal life awaits. The remnant will be protected, and the Church will persist. God has a plan, and you are part of it. Hang in! We hope we will meet some of you as we trudge the road of happy destiny.
Here is this list in point form
- There are no aliens: they are demons
- Plants and animals are not persons: demons will speak through "animal mediums"
- Beware of fear mongering about global warming, comets, solar flares, or AI apocalypses
- Science is a tool not a religion, and it has been compromised to control the masses
- Decisions should be "Wisdom Driven" rather than "Data Driven". Data can be manipulated/incomplete
- There is no time travel
- Cyborg humanism is diabolical. Don't accept a computer/bio implant
- Artificial intelligence (AI) isn't alive, has no soul or personhood. It's just 1's and 0's
- There is no such thing as a "quasi" human. Tragic experiments will be either 0% or 100% human
- No other being can be you, even if cloned
- One’s life is not one’s own, designed for spiritual success, don't suicide
- They can't read your mind
- Only God can raise the dead
- There is only one Creation
- All religions are NOT equal
- Don't let philosophy contradict common sense.
- Two contradictory assertions cannot be true. Don't obey an evil order.
- We were created male OR female. We would do well to reconcile with our God-given DNA and help others to do so.
- Don't second guess God-given reason
- The Bible is inerrant
- Biblical moral teachings are infallible
- Hang on to Truth, Goodness, and Beauty
- Heaven and hell are real
- God will never become incarnate again
- Each member of the Holy Family remained celibate, with no natural descendants
- Jesus was fully God on earth. Not just a teacher or a human who achieved "Christ-consciousness"
- God never changes and is exactly 3 Persons
- Only 3 sources of power. (1) Natural/material: can be good OR bad (2) Supernatural: via Jesus (or his Church) ALWAYS good (3) Preternatural: diabolical ALWAYS bad
- In this life, you can always repent, but don't use this as an excuse to sin
- The coming dystopia will be short, about 3.5 to 7 years (Dan. 12, Rev. 7). Stay strong and hang in!
- Richard Rohr's spirituality may underpin the Great Reset
- Is the apocalypse coming?
- Fr. Michel Rodrigue and the apocalypse