Is the Apocalypse coming?
The Great Reset, and its relationship to the Book of Revelation?
There are many legitimate ways to interpret scripture within the authentic tradition of the Church. Although the Book of Revelation was speaking about the situation of the early Church and its relationship to Rome, many of the Church Fathers applied the Book of Revelation to future events. Through the centuries there has been an anticipation of the events of Revelation (Black Plague, First and second World Wars, Spanish Flu, etc.) There seems to be a unique set of circumstances which point to the present age. We'll discuss these here. If the Apocalypse is almost upon us, then the Great Reset is the vehicle for its implementation.
Architecture the Great Reset
Is this just conspiracy theory? Idealism vs. cynicism (conspiracy theory)
There is a continuum between idealism and cynicism (conspiracy theory). Jesus said, "be as wise as serpents and as gentle as doves" (Mat 10:16). This is the proper balance.
Idealism trusts that everything would be fine if everyone would follow health mandates, recycle, drive electric cars, give to the poor, be spiritual, inclusive, and diverse. It denies the authority of the Bible and Church doctrine, and denies the existence of malevolent spiritual entities (Eph. 2:2). Idealism doesn't view life as a battle between the devil and Jesus, because in this world view there is no sin or the devil. Idealism views life as continuous progress from ignorance to enlightenment, much like eastern religions.
Conspiracy theorists (Cynics) see evil lurking behind most governments and institutions.
It's unhealthy to camp out at either extreme
The Bible says "To everything there is a season" (Eccl 3:1-8). There is a time to trust and a time to be suspicious. Jesus gave us signs that would proceed the great apostasy and persecution of Christians, and those things are happening in an unprecedented way (Mat 24, Rev 6-7). It's probably a good time for Christians to raise our antennas.
KGB defector explains how idealists will enable the takeover
KGB defector Yuri Alexandrovich Bezmenov explained how idealists, frustrated with the failings of democracy in their home country, can set the stage for a totalitarian takeover. The KGB targeted key idealists in the media, universities, arts and sciences for infiltration, by appealing to their hopes for a better world. It is a 20 year process that organizes groups, that sometimes have good intentions, and in some cases have Christian roots, and co-opts them into a unified two dimentional anti Christian Marxist socialist class struggle. Here is a popular poster from one such initiative:
There are many legitimate issues that need to be addressed in western society. However, like the Bolshevik promises to the peasants in 1916 Russia, the Great Reset's fruit won't match its promises. It's an old strategy. We think this 1948 cartoon exposes it very well.
Ironically, human rights movements will be crushed under the very "Great Reset" that they promote. We only have to look to China and Russia for a glimpse into what life would look like for women (forced abortion), people of different enthnicity or religion (organ harvesting of Falun Gong, Uyghurs Muslims), color, disability, or employment and housing for those with same sex attraction.
The steps in taking over a nation (subversion) are:
- Demoralization: Undermine moral fabric of the nation, particularly in the areas of sex, gender, and family.
What it basically means is: to change the perception of reality of every American to such an extent that despite of the abundance of information, no one is able to come to sensible conclusions in the interest of defending themselves, their families, their community, and their country. (Yuri Alexandrovich Bezmenov, Source)
- Destabilization: Destabilize institutions (banks, defense, universities, etc.)
- Crisis: Precipitate a crisis, social breakdown, war, or insurrection
- Normalization: Embed the new government
- Eliminate potential dissidents: The KGB killed or imprisoned the idealists who helped them. They called them "useful idiots".
Sadly, idealists will become victims of the very totalitarianism that they enable because they will be a risk to the new regime.
It's hard to deny these things are happening right now. We're on Step 3, on a global level.
An anti-Christ will lead many into a false peace and perdition, and he will initiate a wide scale persecution of Christians. At some point the 7 seals from the book of Revelation 6:1-8:6 will be opened:
- 1st seal: White horse is given authority and a crown of victory
- 2nd seal: Red horse that will take away peace, people will slaughter each other. (Nation shall rise against nation)
- 3rd seal: Black horse holds a scale and famine comes. Many modern prophets and economists say there will be widespread economic collapse.
- 4th seal: Pale green horse, 1/4 of the earth will die from famine, plague, and beasts of the earth
- 5th seal: Martyrdom will come to many of the faithful and they cry out "how long Master, before you avenge our blood?" They are told to be patient
- 6th Seal: Stars fall to earth. All kings, nobles and every person takes cover in caves and mountain crags. They cry "Fall on us and hide us from the wrath of the Lamb"
- 7th Seal: 144,000 from the tribes of Israel and countless other faithful souls, who have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb, and are standing before the throne crying out "Salvation comes from our God". These are the survivors of these great times, and God will wipe every tear from their eyes (Era of peace)
- See all chastisements
See also Mat 24. (click to show)
3 “Tell us ...the sign ... of the end of the age?” 4 Jesus answered them, .. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places: 8 all this is but the beginning of the birth pangs. 9 “Then they will hand you over to be tortured and will put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of my name. 10 Then many will fall away, and they will betray one another and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. 12 And because of the increase of lawlessness, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end will be saved. 14 And this good news of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the world, as a testimony to all the nations ...
Fulton J. Sheen, a Catholic bishop, wrote in 1951:
The Antichrist will not be so called; otherwise he would have no followers... he will come disguised as the Great Humanitarian; he will talk peace, prosperity and plenty not as means to lead us to God, but as ends in themselves... He will tempt Christians with the same three temptations with which he tempted Christ... He will have one great secret which he will tell to no one: he will not believe in God. Because his religion will be brotherhood without the fatherhood of God, he will deceive even the elect. He will set up a counter church... It will have all the notes and characteristics of the Church, but in reverse and emptied of its divine content. It will be a mystical body of the Antichrist that will in all externals resemble the mystical body of Christ. Sheen, Fulton J. (1951). Communism and the Conscience of the West. Country Life Press. p. 17.
What are the signs of the apocalypse?
- The Benedict Option, and its follow up Live Not By Lies which are bestseller books, speak of a persecution coming to Christians very soon, with recommendations about forming communities outside of urban centers.
- Western civilization is unraveling.
- There are numerous similar prophesies such as Fr. Micheal Scanlon, Ralph Martin, and Sister Agnes Sasagawa and Akita.
- A 2008 Talk by a Catholic priest summarizes much of the same message of a "warning", chastisements, and necessity to return to the sacraments. It has 168,000 views.
- On the Evangelical side, Pastor Haggie has 4 million views of his prediction of the coming antichrist.
- For the first time in human history, there is a global crisis where all countries are going through the same issues, unlike the black plague, the 1930 stock market crash, the fall of Rome, and both world wars, which left large parts of the world untouched.
- Communism is spreading and a one world government is looming which is called "The Great Reset" on the cover of TIME magazine.
- For the first time in history the CBDC technology is coming into place that could enable a "Mark" that permits/prevents buying and selling as per Rev 13:16 "[people will] be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell who does not have the mark [of the beast or 666]".
- Pope Paul VI prophesized that the smoke of satan would enter the Church, which will lead to widespread apostasy. Anyone following Church politics out of Rome these days would have a hard time not saying that the prophesy is not true.
- Super powers China, Russia and the US/NATO are squaring off.
- The economy is propped up by an unsustainable debt. Non-religious economists are talking about a crash. Inflation is in the double digits in many types of commodities.
- Heavy handed censorship of the INTERNET by Google, Facebook, Twitter, Apple, banning conservatives as terrorists (literally), and Goverments following suit.
- The family is under attack on every front via gender ideology. Those who don't agree with the narrative are "cancelled".
- There is moral anarchy and sexual sin greater than ancient Rome or Greece.
- Abortion is a huge weight upon humanity.
- Expansion of gun laws leaves little recourse to violent oppression by the state. This happened in Venezuela before the dictator took power.
- The legal action against fertilizer, may also be an effort to disarm the population. Nitrate is a key form in explosives made from fertilizer.
- Over 8 million Americans have purchased arms in the last couple of years, many of whom are new gun owners.
- After 50 years of not too much social unrest in western civilization, we now have street riots, lawlessness, curfews, and disease spreading.
- There is an up-tick in natural disasters.
- Millions around the world are "prepping" for a disaster. They are people from all walks of life and belief systems, political backgrounds, etc. There are many non-religious predictions of coming totalitarianism in the west.
- The politics of the "jab" are unparalleled. Almost no legitimate medical voices expressing concerns are heard on news outlets and social media, only government narratives at wartime propaganda levels. Moderate voices who are reluctant to get the jab are "cancelled" including work, travel and access to goods and services. This status will soon be tied to an electronic ID.
Regardless of whether its coming soon or not, its always a good idea to be prepared spiritually for the Apocalypse, because although we don't know when the 7 seals will be broken, we do know that we could die at any moment. The Lord has told us to keep oil in our lamps. (Matthew 25:1-13) If you are looking for how to prepare your circumstances. Here's an article on how to prepare for persecution (or the apocalypse).
Is the Great Reset in the Catechism?
The Catechism of the Catholic Church states:
The Antichrist’s deception already begins to take shape in the world every time the claim is made to realize within history that messianic hope ... The Church has rejected even modified forms of this falsification of the kingdom to come under the name of millenarianism, (577) especially the “intrinsically perverse” political form of a secular messianism. (578) —n. 676
Footnote 578, is from Divini Redemptoris, Pope Pius XI’s Encyclical against Atheistic Communism. While the millenarians held to some form of a utopian quasi-spiritual kingdom, secular messianists hold to a utopian political kingdom.
The Communism of today, more emphatically than similar movements in the past, conceals in itself a false messianic idea. —POPE PIUS XI, Divini Redemptoris, n. 8, www.vatican.va
Lord, help us discern these times!
- How to prepare for persecution (or the apocalypse)
- Is Fr. Michael Rodrigues a prophet for these times?
- 20 Characteristics of a good Catholic.
- Consecration to St. Joseph
- Benedict Option Book Summary
- Book review of "Live Not By Lies: A Manual for Dissident Christians" by Rod Dreher
- How can a Catholic recover from porn?
- Communion in light of COVID-19
- Family Mission Statement for Catholics
- What to do if a pope has problems
- Infograph: Heaven, Purgatory and Hell
- Jewish people, Israel & Catholics
- Richard Rohr's spirituality may underpin the Great Reset
- Is Richard Rohr Catholic? Is he Christian?
- Pierre Teilhard vs Wolfgang Smith