Fr. Michel Rodrigue and the Apocalypse
Many faithful Catholics believe Fr. Michel Rodrigue is the Apostle of the End Times. Others, such as Bishop Gilles Lemay, who has authority over him, "disavows" (but does not condemn or forbid) the message. Fr. Michel says he has heard from Jesus, St. John, Our Lady, St. Joseph, the Archangel Gabriel and many others. This is a rapidly developing situation. Below is a summary of his messages. Then we discuss the situation with his current Bishop, and some extreme experiences Fr. Michel has claimed to have which we are asking the body of Christ to discern.
Fr. Michel Rodrigue prophesies that are specific
The biggest distinguishing factor of Fr. Rodrigue's message from Church approved messages about the Apocalypse is the specificity on the timing and details about the Apocalypse. He's saying the time is now!
- "[The Father told me] ...You will build it [the second monastery] at the end of the mandate of Trump. This means that in 2020, you will have to build it.”
- The smoke of satan entered the Church through the German bishops and with the Pachamama idol worship opening the Amazon Synod.
- Everything began to unravel after Christmas 2019.
- There will be political collapse.
- There will be a warning where:
- The whole world will see Jesus on the Cross in the sky with rays coming from his sacred wound where blood and water gushed forth as a font of mercy for us.
- Every soul will see their life sins that have not been confessed. If a soul is currently on its way to purgatory, hell or heaven they will experience this. There are others who who have said similar things, but so far there does not appear to be Church approval of any message that speaks of a simultaneous event where every person in the world will see their sins.
- Small tongues of fire will land on every soul during this process which will last about 15 minutes. Every soul will encounter Our Blessed Lord.
- After this event mankind will have 6 weeks of calm to get to confession and make a decision before all hell breaks loose on earth. All people will be shown the truth of Christ’s One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church. Priests will spend day and night in the confessional.
- Priests will baptize 100's at a time and will be up day and night taking confessions.
- The guardian angels of faithful souls will guide them to places of refuge with a flame in front of them.
- The Holy Spirit will hide the refuge communities supernaturally from persecution
- Once the Warning happens TVs must be thrown out. The media will tell people that this event had to do with the rays and radiation of the sun. That will be a lie. Christians will not be able to use any communication technology such as computers and smart phones. All tech will be used against Christians.
- The one world order will commence immediately and the army for the one world order is already in place waiting orders
- After the 6 week relief nuclear war will happen and 7 nuclear missiles will be permitted to strike the US as a result of abominations. Many nuclear missiles will be deflected by the Hand of God because America does pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet. He claims this was told to him by the Eternal Father.
- The devil will kill one third of humanity just as one third of the angels were cast out of heaven to hell.
- The Antichrist will take his throne within the false church, and will reign from within "the church"in the seat of Peter, the pope.
- Pope Francis will flee the Vatican before the Warning (and be killed) and there will be a false pope (false prophet). Pope Emeritus Benedict will try to call a council, but will be a martyr.
- There will be a required mark to buy and sell and those who do not take it will be hunted like the SS hunted Jews during the second war. If you are captured you will be tortured and martyred if you will not convert to the Antichrist and the one world government.
- This will all precede the Three Days of Darkness.
- Satan will be cast to hell for 1000 years and then released for one final battle.
Note: It seems there is a fair amount of misinformation about Fr. Michel on the internet. Some sources claimed that Fr. Michel said the Warning would be in October 2020, but Fr. Michel said he doesn't know when the warning would take place and that the Father hasn't told him. He only has personal opinions, nothing he claims to be prophetic.
Fr. Michel is telling people to prepare in this way:
- Go to confession at least once a month to be prepared.
- We should have a 3 month supply of food in our home.
- Consecrate our home to the Holy Family to make our home to be a temporary refuge until the Holy Spirit guides us to a permanent refuge. All we need will be provided at the refuges that we will be guided to if one surrenders to God.
- Press into Jesus because he is the most important refuge
- Don't be excessively focused on survivalism but rather prepare spiritually
If Fr. Michel is a true prophet, he would be presenting to the world the most dramatic inner locutions of all of history.
Some things that Fr. Michel has prophesied have come true
- It appears he made a prophesy that things would unravel after Christmas 2019. The world experienced COVID and closed churches etc. soon after Christmas 2019.
- He says the Father told him "...You will build it [your second monastery] at the end of the mandate of Trump. This means that in 2020, you will have to build it.” He wrote this when few people predicted a Biden win.
- The Black Lives Matters riots and the (rather meek) storming of the Senate on Jan 6th by Trump supporters, shows the beginning of civil unrest.
- The "Great Reset" looks to be the beginning of the One World Government and it was featured on the cover of time.
- We'll add more here as it develops... and if any other prophesies come true.
Convergence with circumstances, other prophesies and the Bible
There is a strong convergence of circumstances and Bible prophesies that may point to an apocalypse.
Fr. Michel's BishopsThe book "The Warning. Testimonies and Prophecies the Illumination of Conscience" says:
“Michel Rodrigue receives the full support of his bishop, and all of his locutions and visions are submitted to his local ordinary for approval. (Note 84, p. 278 and p. 280)
Christin Watkins has dutifully removed this from the 2nd edition. This quotation was removed from the Countdown to the Kingdom website on a request by Fr. Michel after his Bishop wrote the following:
I have to tell you that Fr Michel never submitted to me any of his locutions and visions for discernment or approval. Accordingly, I could not have supported the content of his talks which are not presented in my diocese nor elsewhere in the Province of Quebec as far as I know, but mostly in the United States. Moreover, I learned about his teaching while reading some reports on the website mentioned above. I did not and I do not approve his teaching with regard to his locutions and visions. Consequently, it is untrue that he “receives the full support of his bishop” as it is written in the Countdown to the Kingdom website and in the quoted book. Source
The site Countdown to the Kingdom issued a statement based on a request by Fr. Michel to support his bishop's wishes:
On April 23rd, 2020, Fr. Michel Rodrigue informed us that his bishop, Rev. Gilles Lemay, does not support Fr. Michel’s messages; he stated to Fr. Michel, in writing, that he does not support the idea of “the Warning, the chastisements, the third World War, the Era of Peace, any construction of refuges, et cetera.” ... it remains true that the messages are nevertheless not condemned. There has been no formal inquiry into Fr. Michel’s locutions/visions etc. by the diocese and so, at this point, we are preserving them here on Countdown to The Kingdom (with Fr. Michel’s express permission) because our position regarding them remains unchanged; we continue to find them important to be discerned by the Body of Christ since they constitute part of the “prophetic consensus” of seers all over the world. We will as always, however, fully submit to any formal declarations the Church may pronounce in the future ... Source
Bishop Lemay followed up on Sept 4, 2020 with this message which includes the following:
I would like to make it clear that he was never appointed official exorcist of the diocese ... I never approved of [the messages on Countdowntothekingdom]... I want to make it clear that I absolutely disagree with the prophesies ... on the aforementioned site (Ex. Warning, days of darkness Era of Peace, punishment, World War III Nuclear war in 2020, construction of shelters, etc.). To this total disavowal of Father Michel Rodrigue's messages and prophecies, I add that I withdraw my support and that of the Diocese of Amos from the Studium Saint-Joseph, founded on 2015 by Fr Michel Rodrigue and Simon Dufour. Finally, I would like to inform you that, since June 30, 2020, Father Michel Rodrigue's residence on our territory has become his only link with the Diocese of Amos. He has renounced his pastoral charge as pastor of the three parishes that I entrusted to him. He also renounced his membership in the Presbyteral Council and College of consultors. He also retired as an active priest in the diocese. He remains and incardinated priest in the Diocese of Hearst-Moosonee, Ontario... postal mail is our only means of communication with him. (source)
NOTE: Bishop Robert Bourgon of Hearst-Moosonee issued a supporting letter to Bishop Lemay on Sept 9. But again, no explicit condemnation.
Bishop Robert Bourgon resigns for the "good of the Church"
In November 2020, two months after issuing the letter "disavowing" Fr. Michel, Bishop Robert Bourgon resigned under criticism. He received an Apostolic visit after suspending two priests for fraud; but it appears they were innocent (based on the Vatican request for the Bishop's resignation). Source.
Fr. Michel responds to the letters by the Bishops
On September 26, 2020, Fr. Michel released an open letter in response clarifying that he was not an official exorcist for any diocese but that he always asked the bishop's permission when he was asked to perform these functions by those seeking help, which may be why the Bishop said he never appointed him "official" exorcist.
Show full text of Fr. Michel's letter
September 23, 2020
On the liturgical feast of Saint Padre Pio
After having read the public letter of September 3, 2020 published by Bishop Gilles Lemay from the Diocese of Amos, I would like to reiterate my fidelity to the teaching of the Catholic Church to all the faithful who read this letter. I have been a priest since June 2, 1989, incardinated in the diocese of Hearst. In May 2011, I met Bishop Gilles Lemay to share with him the spiritual experience of the call to found a semi-monastic fraternity currently known as the Apostolic Fraternity of Saint Benedict-Joseph Labre. I arrived in the diocese of Amos on August 1, 2011. According to the original verbal agreement, which was for a period of three years, I was appointed pastor of the Cathedral of Amos and of Christ the King parish on August 15, 2011. In September 2011, I also accepted the parish-mission of Pikogan. In 2014 at the request of the Bishop, I happily extended the cure for these same parishes for a period of two years. There, I met parishioners of great pastoral collaboration. It was on June 20, 2012, that the Bishop granted the Approval Decree of the Apostolic Fraternity Saint Benedict-Joseph Labre.
In 2016, I accepted the cure of the parishes of St-Félix-de-Dalquier, St-Dominique-du-Rosaire and Sacré-Coeur de Matagami, which according to the agreement, allowed for the development of the Apostolic Fraternity of Saint Benedict- Joseph Labre, located in St-Dominique-du-Rosaire. In 2019, I preached a spiritual retreat in California which was featured on the Countdown to the Kingdom website. Besides personal messages, the teaching given was based on the messages of the Virgin Mary approved by the Church and in accordance with the Catechism of the Catholic Church, article 7, no 668 to 682.
A confusion has crept into the understanding of this retreat concerning an approval by Bishop Gilles Lemay regarding the messages contained in these conferences. I myself had this confusion corrected. The owners of the Countdown to the Kingdom website have responded positively and put the comment on their website. I thank them very much.
Besides this, I never claimed that I was the exorcist of the Diocese of Amos. However, whenever I had to do a ministry in this area, I always asked for the approval of the Bishop. I know my pastoral and ecclesial responsibilities well. In regards to the Apostolic Fraternity of Saint Benedict-Joseph Labre, the project continues to grow and fulfill the Will of the Father in its trust placed in the Hearts of Jesus and of Mary. It is in the joy of the Holy Spirit that we grow together. Our address has not changed and our phone number is still the same. You will find all the information on our website benoitlabre.org. As for the Studium St-Joseph, it remains online to meet the pressing needs for quality education. I reiterate my desire to collaborate with the Bishop, the Magisterium of the Church and to maintain a fraternal bond with all people of different circles here, in the United States and with people around the world who support us. Abitibi Témiscamingue was the privileged place for our foundation. In this beautiful region of Quebec, inhabited by people strong in the Holy Spirit, we are happy to be here and to stay here.
Thanks everyone, Michel Rodrigue, Fabl Superior of the Apostolic Fraternity of Saint-Benedict-Joseph Labre
c.c. Mgr Gilles Lemay, Bishop of Amos
c.c. Mgr Robert Bourgon, Bishop of Hearst-Moosonee
c.c. Father François Hamel, d.j.c.
There is no time for the Vatican to vet a prophesy that the apocalypse is about to take place
We at Catholic Bridge try to stay with magisterial sources, but according to Fr. Michel (and other prophetic voices) the 7 seals in the Book of Revelation will open soon, or have already begun to be opened. So we are left on our own to determine his credibility because the Vatican takes years to investigate these things. To that end, we think it is important to list some things Fr. Michel claims to have experienced and look for verification that these things actually happened. The Vatican would do this during an investigation.
We realize that true saints and prophets experience exceptional things. If you or anyone you know can send us any corroboration of these events, we'll be glad to post it here for discerning Catholics of good will. On September 27, we sent a request for corroboration of the following to Fr. Michel's personal email. An auto-reply said to send communications by postal mail which we have done. If there is any response to our letter we will provide it here. If you have any information that can help skeptical Catholics of good will discern these experiences, it would help the body of Christ:
- He was at a restaurant and got a pain in his foot that went up his leg, he thought he was having a heart attack. Walked across the street (on all 4s) to the hospital and said he thought he was having a heart attack. The doctor was Russian and said "oh my! This is not a heart attack, it's a biological weapon I created in Russia. I'm a refugee scientist, and I created this poison and I thought I had destroyed it all but here it is. I'll send you to Montreal to get treated." The doctor in Montreal said its a biological weapon and we have to inform the military. (source)
- He's driving and a crowbar came at him as if from outer space at his windshield. An angel swatted it down and it hit his bumper, should have killed him. The effective damage on bumper was minimal (source)
- He's had 8 heart attacks.
- He is the youngest of 23 kids in the family
- The family burned down the house intentionally, because it was haunted by the devil. His mother sent him in at 10 years old to light the fire which he claimed almost killed him.
- He talked to the pope while there was a decoy vehicle with a fake pope pulling up to the Vatican. The pope was unguarded and there are no photos of the encounter.
- He was a kid with a bunch of friends, on a horse and a bear followed him. The horse went on 2 legs and he had to hold the mane and got away, but when he came back the bear was still there so he ran under a fence and the bear jumped OVER the same fence simultaneously and they missed each other. (Source)
- He had a heart attack and the ambulance came. One of the ambulance attendants started swearing at him (he was possessed). The other ambulance drivers and doctors told him to stop. He said "I want to go to hell". Fr. Michel said "then burn" and later found out the possessed man was burning, his clothes burned off, everything he touch burned. He was burning the mattress. He saw Fr. Michel again and was burning. He said "I don't want to go back to hell". He did confession and absolution. Fr. Michel cast out the devil and healed him. Three months later, Fr. Michel went to a concert with priest who didn't believe in the devil. Exactly at that time the ambulance driver who was delivered from satan showed up and thanked him in front of the disbelieving priest. The man's wife was with him and kissed Fr. Michel. She said he was fine when they married but after that he got possessed. But now he's back to the man that she married. His friend the priest changed his mind and believed that the devil exists.… Source
- As a child he and his brother were walking and as they approached the lake, all of a sudden, the ground opened underneath Michel, and two four-foot, animal-like hands with long nails surged up from the underworld, grabbed his leg, and began pulling him forcefully underground. His brother grabbed Michel’s hands and tried to pull him out, but the beast was stronger. “I’m finished!” thought Michel. Remembering the Virgin Mary, he screamed, “Mary, Mother of God, please, please help me!” A strong force suddenly yanked him out of the hole, and he ran back to the house. (source)
- He says, hell is in the middle of the earth. He went to the ancient Church in Lyon built by Iraneous. There was a portal to hell covered by the Baptismal font which has sealed its entry. "I went into the Church and knew immediately, and I told the guy (tour guide?). He said 'it's true but nobody knows that', then he said here is the story of that … and he told us that."
- Our lady said to Fr. Michel "give this message to the Bishop and if he accepts it I will heal his cancer." (source)
- He didn't have money but needed it to go to Medjugorje, because Our Lady told him to go … He got a check from an old teaching assignment where they previously underpaid him (source). He was previously infused with doctrinal and theological knowledge that allowed him to easily get a doctorate.
Our prayer and a summary
We are praying for Fr. Michel, for the Bishop, and for those at Countdown to the Kingdom, that the Lord's will be done and that the people of God be given what they need in these strange times. Regardless of whether the message is truly prophetic, its always a good idea to be prepared spiritually for the Apocalypse, because although we don't know when the 7 seals will be broken, we do know that we could die at any moment. The Lord has told us to keep oil in our lamps. (Matthew 25:1-13)
Lord, help us discern these times!
Written July 2020. Updated Jan 17, 2021. This page is getting about 6,000 visitors a month and is frequently updated as the story unfolds. We will continue post any information we receive. So far we have received no corroboration of the events listed above that Fr. Michel has claimed to have had, but the world sure is getting crazy and following the patterns described.
- Is the Apocalypse coming?
- How to quit Facebook and Twitter, we did too!
- 20 Characteristics of a good Catholic.
- Consecration to St. Joseph
- Benedict Option Book Summary
- Book review of "Live Not By Lies: A Manual for Dissident Christians" by Rod Dreher
- How can a Catholic recover from porn?
- Communion in light of COVID-19
- Family Mission Statement for Catholics
- What to do if a pope has problems
- Infograph: Heaven, Purgatory and Hell
- Jewish people, Israel & Catholics