Fr. Michel Rodrigue
Many faithful Catholics believe Fr. Michel Rodrigue is the prophet of the End Times. Others, such as Bishop Gilles Lemay, who has authority over him, "disavows" (but does not condemn or forbid) the message. Fr. Michel says he has heard from Jesus, St. John, Our Lady, St. Joseph, the Archangel Gabriel and many others. This is a rapidly developing situation. Below is a summary of his message split into two sections: (1) parts that have broad correspondence with Church approved mystics (2) predictions that are specific to his message. Then we discuss the situation with his current Bishop, and some extreme experiences Fr. Michel has claimed to have which we are asking the body of Christ to discern.
(1) Fr. Michel Rodrigue predictions that sync with Church approved prophesies and the Bible
- The smoke of satan entered the church which will lead to wide spread apostasy
- There will be widespread economic collapse
- Nation shall rise against nation
- Natural disasters and pestilence will hit humanity
- There will be a Warning: Every soul will see their life sins that have not been confessed. If a soul is currently on its way to purgatory, hell or heaven they will experience this
- There will be refuges and communities for Christians outside of urban centers
- Priests will baptize 100's at a time
- Technology (tracking) etc... will be used against Christians. There will be a mark that is necessary for buying and selling which will exclude faithful Christians.
- An anti-Christ will lead many into a false peace and perdition, and he will initiate a wide scale persecution of Christians.
- At some point the 7 seals from the book of Revelation will be opened:
- 1st seal: White horse is given authority and a crown of victory
- 2nd seal: Red horse that will take away peace, people will slaughter each other
- 3rd seal: Black horse holds a scale and famine comes
- 4th seal: Pale green horse, 1/4 of the earth will die from famine, plague, and beasts of the earth
- 5th seal: Martyrdom will come to many of the faithful and they cry out "how long Master, before you avenge our blood?" They are told to be patient
- 6th Seal: Stars fall to earth. All kings and noble and every person takes cover in caves and mountain crags. They cry "Fall on us and hide us from the wrath of the Lamb"
- 7th Seal: 144,000 from the tribes of Israel and countless other faithful souls, who have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb, and are standing before the throne crying out "Salvation comes from our God". These are the survivors of these great times, and God will wipe every tear from their eyes
(2) Fr. Michel Rodrigue Prophesies that are specific
The biggest distinguishing factor of Fr. Rodrigue's message from Church approved messages is his specificity on the timing of the above events and details about them. He's saying the time is now! He claims:
- The smoke of satan entered the Church through the German bishops and with the Pachamama idol worship opening the Amazon Synod.
- Everything began to unravel in the Summer of 2020.
- Trump will lose the election.
- There will be political collapse in the fall of 2020
- There will be a warning (he thinks it will be in the spring of 2021) where:
- The whole world will see Jesus on the Cross in the sky with rays coming from his sacred wound where blood and water gushed forth as a font of mercy for us.
- Small tongues of fire will land on every soul during this process which will last about 15 minutes. Every soul will encounter Our Blessed Lord.
- After this event mankind will have 6 weeks of calm to get to confession and make a decision before all hell breaks loose on earth. All people will be shown the truth of Christ’s One Holy Catholic Apostolic Church. Priests will spend day and night in the confessional.
- The guardian angels of faithful souls will guide them to places of refuge with a flame in front of them.
- The Holy Spirit will hide the refuge communities supernaturally from persecution
- Once the Warning happens TVs must be thrown out. The media will tell people that this event had to do with the rays and radiation of the sun. That will be a lie. Christians will not be able to use any communication technology such as computers and smart phones. All tech will be used against Christians.
- The one world order will commence immediately and the army for the one world order is already in place waiting orders
- After the 6 week relief nuclear war will happen and 7 nuclear missiles will be permitted to strike the US as a result of abominations. Many nuclear missiles will be deflected by the Hand of God because America does pray the Divine Mercy Chaplet. He claims this was told to him by the Eternal Father.
- The devil will kill one third of humanity just as one third of the angels were cast out of heaven to hell.
- The Antichrist will take his throne within the false church, and will reign from within "the church".
- Pope Francis will flee the Vatican before the Warning (and be killed) and there will be a false pope (false prophet). Pope Emeritus Benedict will be a martyr.
- There will be a required mark to buy and sell and those who do not take it will be hunted like the SS hunted Jews during the second war. If you are captured you will be tortured and martyred if you will not convert to the Antichrist and the one world government.
- This will all precede the Three Days of Darkness and Our Blessed Lord’s Glorious Return.
- Satan will be cast to hell for 1000 years and then released for one final battle.
Fr. Michel is telling people to prepare in this way:
- Go to confession at least once a month to be prepared.
- We should have a 3 month supply of food in our home.
- Consecrate our home to the Holy Family to make our home to be a temporary refuge until the Holy Spirit guides us to a permanent refuge. All we need will be provided at the refuges that we will be guided to if one surrenders to God.
- Press into Jesus because he is the most important refuge
- Don't be a excessively focused on survivalism but rather prepare spiritually
If Fr. Michel is a true prophet, he would be presenting to the world the most dramatic inner locutions of all of history.
Convergence with circumstances, other prophesy and the Bible
- The Benedict Option, a bestseller book, speaks of a persecution coming to Christians very soon, with many similar recommendations about forming communities outside of urban centers
- Western civilization is unraveling
- There are numerous similar prophesies such as Fr. Micheal Scanlon and Sister Agnes Sasagawa and Akita
- A 2008 Talk by a Catholic priest summarizes much of the same message of a "warning", chastisements, and necessity to return to the sacraments. It has 168,000 views.
- On the Evangelical side, Pastor Dana Coverstone's "Brace yourself" prophesy is approaching 1,000,000 YouTube views as of this writing Sept 22, 2020.
- Communism is spreading and a one world government is looming
- For the first time in history the technology is in place for a "Mark" that permits/prevents buying and selling as per Rev 13:16 "[people will] be marked on the right hand or the forehead, so that no one can buy or sell who does not have the mark [of the beast or 666]"
- Super powers China and the US are squaring off
- The economy is propped up by an unsustainable debt
- The family is under attack on every front
- There is moral anarchy and sexual sin greater than ancient Rome or Greece
- Abortion is a huge weight upon humanity
- After 50 years of not too much social unrest in western civilization, we now have street riots, lawlessness, and disease spreading
Controversy over Fr. Michel's Bishop's approvalThe book "The Warning. Testimonies and Prophecies the Illumination of Conscience" says:
“Michel Rodrigue receives the full support of his bishop, and all of his locutions and visions are submitted to his local ordinary for approval. (Note 84, p. 278 and p. 280)
This quotation was removed from the Countdown to the Kingdom website after a request by Fr. Michel's bishop who says:
I have to tell you that Fr Michel never submitted to me any of his locutions and visions for discernment or approval. Accordingly, I could not have supported the content of his talks which are not presented in my diocese nor elsewhere in the Province of Quebec as far as I now, but mostly in the United States. Moreover, I learned about his teaching while reading some reports on the website mentioned above. I did not and I do not approve his teaching with regard to his locutions and visions. Consequently, it is untrue that he “receives the full support of his bishop” as it is written in the Countdown to the Kingdom website and in the quoted book. Source
The site Countdown to the Kingdom issued a statement:
On April 23rd, 2020, Fr. Michel Rodrigue informed us that his bishop, Rev. Gilles Lemay, does not support Fr. Michel’s messages; he stated to Fr. Michel, in writing, that he does not support the idea of “the Warning, the chastisements, the third World War, the Era of Peace, any construction of refuges, et cetera.” ... it remains true that the messages are nevertheless not condemned. There has been no formal inquiry into Fr. Michel’s locutions/visions etc. by the diocese and so, at this point, we are preserving them here on Countdown to The Kingdom (with Fr. Michel’s express permission) because our position regarding them remains unchanged; we continue to find them important to be discerned by the Body of Christ since they constitute part of the “prophetic consensus” of seers all over the world. We will as always, however, fully submit to any formal declarations the Church may pronounce in the future ... Source
Bishop Lemay followed up on Sept 4, 2020 with this message which includes the following:
I would like to make it clear that he was never appointed official exorcist of the diocese ... I never approved of [the messages on Countdowntothekingdom]... I want to make it clear that I absolutely disagree with the prophesies ... on the aforementioned site (Ex. Warning, days of darkness Era of Peace, punishment, World War III Nuclear war in 2020, construction of shelters, etc.). To this total disavowal of Father Michel Rodrigue's messages and prophecies, I add that I withdraw my support and that of the Diocese of Amos from the Studium Saint-Joseph, founded on 2015 by Fr Michel Rodrigue and Simon Dufour. Finally, I would like to inform you that, since June 30, 2020, Father Michel Rodrigue's residence on our territory has become his only link with the Diocese of Amos. He has renounced his pastoral charge as pastor of the three parishes that I entrusted to him. He also renounced his membership in the Presbyteral Council and College of consultors. He also retired as an active priest in the diocese. He remains and incardinated priest in the Diocese of Hearst-Moosonee, Ontario... postal mail is our only means of communication with him. (source)
NOTE: Bishop Robert Bourgon of Hearst-Moosonee issued a supporting letter to Bishop Lemay on Sept 9. But again, no explicit condemnation.
On September 26, 2020, Fr. Michel released an open letter in response clarifying that he was not an official exorcist for any diocese but that he always asked the bishop's permission when he was asked to perform these functions by those seeking help, which may be why the Bishop said he never appointed him "official" exorcist.
There is no time for the Vatican to vet a 2020-2021 apocalyse prediction
We at Catholic Bridge try to stay with magisterial sources, but Fr. Michel says by the spring of 2021, the 7 seals in the Book of Revelation will have been opened. So, according to his prophesy, we are left on our own to determine his credibility because the Vatican takes years to investigate these things. To that end, we think it is important to list some things he claims to have experienced and look for verification that these things actually happened to him. The Vatican would do this during an investigation. If you or anyone you know can send us any evidence, or a link to substantial evidence, we'll be glad to post it here for discerning Catholics. If there is no verification posted here, it's because we haven't seen any evidence. On September 27 we sent the following list of questions to Fr. Michel's personal email. An autoreply said to send by postal mail. If there is any response to our letter to him we will provide it here.
We realize that true saints and prophets experience exceptional things. We are not asserting any of these things didn't happen, but we think given the gravity of Fr. Michel's message and the sensational nature of these stories, there is an onus on Fr. Michel or those around him to provide at least some evidence that some of these things actually happened. Here's a list:
He was at a restaurant and got a pain in his foot that went up his leg, he thought he was having a heart attack. Walked across the street (on all 4s) to the hospital and said he thought he was having a heart attack. The doctor was Russian and said "oh my! This is not a heart attack, it's a biological weapon I created in Russia. I'm a refugee scientist, and I created this poison and I thought I had destroyed it all but here it is. I'll send you to Montreal to get treated." The doctor in Montreal said its a biological weapon and we have to inform the military. (source)
Comment: Is there any documentation of this hospital visit anywhere, or any statements by the Doctors?
He's driving and a crowbar came at him as if from outer space at his windshield. An angel swatted it down and it hit his bumper, should have killed him. The effective damage on bumper was minimal (source)
Comment: Is there any documentation of this such as a vehicle report?
He's had 8 heart attacks.
Comment: Is there any documentation of this?
He is the youngest of 23 kids in the family
Comment: Is there any documentation of this, or statements from his siblings or parents?
The family burned down the house intentionally, because it was haunted by the devil.
Comment: Is there any documentation of this, or statements from his siblings?
He talked to the pope while there was a decoy vehicle with a fake pope pulling up to the Vatican.
Comment: Is there any documentation of this meeting? Everyone we've ever met who has had a visit with the Pope has a picture of them together by the photographer that is always there? If not, is there any other evidence, such as a plane ticket to Rome?
He was a kid with a bunch of friends, on a horse and a bear followed him. The horse went on 2 legs and he had to hold the mane and got away, but when he came back the bear was still there so he ran under a fence and the bear jumped OVER the same fence simultaneously and they missed each other. (Source)
Comment: Could any of his friends with him corroborate, at least the first part of the story when they were with him?
He had a heart attack and the ambulance came. One of the ambulance attendants started swearing at him (he was possessed). The other ambulance drivers and doctors told him to stop. He said "I want to go to hell". Fr. Michel said "then burn" and later found out the possessed man was burning, his clothes burned off, everything he touch burned. He was burning the mattress. He saw Fr. Michel again and was burning. He said "I don't want to go back to hell". He did confession and absolution. Fr. Michel cast out the devil and healed him.
Three months later, Fr. Michel went to a concert with priest who didn't believe in the devil. Exactly at that time the ambulance driver who was delivered from satan showed up and thanked him in front of the disbelieving priest. The man's wife was with him and kissed Fr. Michel. She said he was fine when they married but after that he got possessed. But now he's back to the man that she married. His friend the priest changed his mind and believed that the devil exists.… Source
Comment: Is there any documentation of this hospital visit anywhere, or any statements by the doctors, ambulance attendant, his wife, or the priest?
As a child he and his brother were walking and as they approached the lake, all of a sudden, the ground opened underneath Michel, and two four-foot, animal-like hands with long nails surged up from the underworld, grabbed his leg, and began pulling him forcefully underground. His brother grabbed Michel’s hands and tried to pull him out, but the beast was stronger. “I’m finished!” thought Michel. Remembering the Virgin Mary, he screamed, “Mary, Mother of God, please, please help me!” A strong force suddenly yanked him out of the hole, and he ran back to the house. (source)
Comment: Is his brother alive and willing to verify this story, since he was there?
He says, hell is in the middle of the earth. He went to the ancient Church in Lyon built by Iraneous. There was a portal to hell covered by the Baptismal font which has sealed its entry. "I went into the Church and knew immediately, and I told the guy (tour guide?). He said 'it's true but nobody knows that', then he said here is the story of that … and he told us that."
Comment: Is there any documentation of this? Why would a tour guide or a priest know this and it wouldn't be known elsewhere. Stories like this tend to travel fast and since the Church is hundreds of years old, the story has been in circulation for at least several hundred years. This is the type of thing tour guides eat up and tell to everybody who pays for a tour to these pilgrimage places.
Our lady said to Fr. Michel "give this message to the Bishop and if he accepts it I will heal his cancer." (source)
Comment: Is there any documentation of the Bishop accepting the message or the cancer getting healed, or that the bishop had cancer? Which bishop was it?
He didn't have money but needed it to go to Medjugorje, because Our Lady told him to go … He got a check from an old teaching assignment where they previously underpaid him (source). He was previously infused with doctrinal and theological knowleged that allowed him to easily get a doctorate.
Comment: It is easy to believe he recieved a timely check, as most of us have had that kind of experience of a well placed unexpected check when we needed it. We are interested in any verification that he has a doctorate and was a professor. We do have the statement of his former bishop that we was on a teaching assignment, but that does not make him a doctorate recipient.
Our prayer and a summary
We are praying for Fr. Michel, for the Bishop and for those at Countdown to the Kingdom, that the Lord's will be done and that the people of God be given what they need in these strange times. Regardless of whether the message is truly prophetic, its always a good idea to be prepared spiritually for the Apocalypse, because although we don't know when the 7 seals will be broken, we do know that we could die at any moment. The Lord has told us to keep oil in our lamps. (Matthew 25:1-13)
Lord, help us discern these times!
Written July 2020. Updated September 27, 2020. This page is getting about 4,000 visitors a month and is frequently updated as the story unfolds. We will continue post any more information we receive.
- 20 Characteristics of a good Catholic.
- Consecration to St. Joseph
- Benedict Option Book Summary
- How can a Catholic recover from porn?
- Communion in light of COVID-19
- Family Mission Statement for Catholics
- What to do if a pope has problems
- Infograph: Heaven, Purgatory and Hell
- Jewish people, Israel & Catholics