For instructions for the Rosary go here.
Download Mp3 audio Rosary below. Press "Play" button to listen to it. A simple, quiet Rosary recitation with original soft background music.
Below is a picture of the Rosary with a number on each bead. Each number corresponds to a prayer. On the left margin you will see numbers with a prayer beside each one. The directions and full text of each prayer is below.
The numbers below correspond to the numbers on the picture of the Rosary to the right.
- Bless yourself with the SIGN OF THE CROSS, recite the PREPARATORY PRAYER and then recite the APOSTLES CREED
- On the first bead following the crucifix say one OUR FATHER
- Say one HAIL MARY on each of the following three beads (For an increase in Faith, Hope and Charity). Conclude these introductory prayers with One GLORY BE TO THE FATHER.
- On the single bead, following the group of three beads, the Mysteries of the Rosary begin. Select a set of Mysteries proper for the day. For instance, on a Monday it would be the Joyful Mysteries. Announce (to yourself) the first Mystery, the Annunciation, get a picture of it in your mind and then say on OUR FATHER.
- While picturing this first Mystery in your mind, move to the first group of ten beads (A decade) and say one HAIL MARY on each bead. When you have completed the tenth HAIL MARY, finish the decade with one GLORY BE TO THE FATHER. After the GLORY BE, our Lady told the children of Fatima that she would like to have us add the "OH MY JESUS FORGIVE US" prayer that you will find below.
- Move on to the next bead, start the second decade select and picture in you mind the second of the group of mysteries you have chosen for the day, which in the Joyful group would be the Visitation, and repeat the above process. Continue on in this fashion until you have completed the five decades and then say the HAIL HOLY QUEEN.
- Close by blessing yourself with the SIGN OF THE CROSS using the crucifix on the Rosary.
- PREPARATORY PRAYER:
In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost
- APOSTLES CREED:
I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sin, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. (Said before the Rosary)
- LORD'S PRAYER
Our Father, who art in heaven hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. (Said before each decade)
- HAIL MARY
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you
Blessed art thou among women,
Blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen
- Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it
was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. (Said
after each decade)
- O my Jesus, forgive us of our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead
all souls into heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy. (Said
after each decade)
- Hail holy queen, Mother of Mercy, Hail, our Life, our sweetness and our
hope, to thee we do cry, poor children of Eve; to you we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then most gracious
advocate, your eyes of mercy toward us; and after this our exile, show unto
us the blessed fruit of your womb Jesus. Oh Clement, Oh Loving, O sweet
Pray for us, Holy Mother of God, that we may become worthy of the promises of Christ.
Joyful Mysteries(Monday & Saturday)
First Decade: The Annunciation of Gabriel to Mary (Luke 1:26-38)
Second Decade: The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth (Luke 1:39-56)
Third Decade: The Birth of Our Lord (Luke 2:1-21)
Fourth Decade: The Presentation of Our Lord (Luke 2:22-38)
Fifth Decade: The Finding of Our Lord in the Temple (Luke 2:41-52)
First Decade: The Baptism of Our Lord in the River Jordan (Matthew 3:13-16)
Second Decade: The Wedding at Cana, when Christ manifested Himself (Jn 2:1-11)
Third Decade: The Proclamation of the Kingdom of God (Mark 1:14-15)
Fourth Decade: The Transfiguration of Our Lord (Matthew 17:1-8)
Fifth Decade: The Last Supper, when Our Lord gave us the Holy Eucharist (Mt 26)
Sorrowful Mysteries(Tuesday & Friday)
First Decade: The Agony of Our Lord in the Garden (Matthew 26:36-56)
Second Decade: Our Lord is Scourged at the Pillar (Matthew 27:26)
Third Decade: Our Lord is Crowned with Thorns (Matthew 27:27-31)
Fourth Decade: Our Lord Carries the Cross to Calvary (Matthew 27:32)
Fifth Decade: The Crucifixion of Our Lord (Matthew 27:33-56)
Glorious Mysteries(Wednesday & Sunday)
First Decade: The Glorious Resurrection of Our Lord (John 20:1-29)
Second Decade: The Ascension of Our Lord (Luke 24:36-53)
Third Decade: The Descent of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost (Acts 2:1-41)
Fourth Decade: The Assumption of Mary into Heaven (Song of Songs 2:2,10-11)
Fifth Decade: The Coronation of Mary as Queen of Heaven and Earth (Gn 3:15a) (Jdt 13:18) (Jdt 15:9) (Rv 12:1) (Sir 24:4) (Sir 14:9) (Cor 4:17) (Lk 8:21)(Gal 4:19)
Other topics on Mary:
Lord Jesus, let Your prayer of unity for Christians
become a reality, in Your way.
We have absolute confidence
that you can bring your people together,
we give you absolute permission to move.